Office of Steam Logo_1

Author Topic: Jensen No. 5 and Pericaud Workshop  (Read 433 times)

Dr.Rev.DelmarMacReady

Jensen No. 5 and Pericaud Workshop
« on: July 24, 2019, 08:05:17 pm »
Last run of this workshop, as I have added more tooling and need to make more room.

Bennydaheeb

Stoker

• Global Moderator
  • Wherever you go ......... there you are!
Re: Jensen No. 5 and Pericaud Workshop
« Reply #1 on: July 24, 2019, 08:35:14 pm »
Nice workshop and housing for it. I have a table saw that has some similar features to that one, but I've never known the maker. Perhaps it is a Pericaud. I'll have to look into that.
"Information is not knowledge, Knowledge is not wisdom, Wisdom is not truth, Truth is not beauty, Beauty is not love, Love is not music: Music is THE BEST...   
Wisdom is the domain of the Wis (which is extinct). Beauty is a French phonetic corruption of a short cloth neck ornament currently in resurgence..."
F. Zappa ... by way of Mary, the girl from the bus.

Dr.Rev.DelmarMacReady

« Reply #2 on: July 24, 2019, 08:55:02 pm »
Nice workshop and housing for it. I have a table saw that has some similar features to that one, but I've never known the maker. Perhaps it is a Pericaud. I'll have to look into that.

I have see the GD mark on some of the lathes and lineshaft, but that is all. Most(the ones that appear of later manufacture to me) are merely stamped "Made in France"

I've attached a few catalog scans if that helps! [ Guests cannot view attachments ]
Bennydaheeb

Stoker

• Global Moderator
« Reply #3 on: July 24, 2019, 09:25:46 pm »
There are similarities to the table saw #8-5407, but it is not a match at all. Perhaps even stronger similarities to the base mounts of some of the grinders / buffers and fan.

It is a clue that may give me some leads, so I appreciate these catalog images greatly.

I'll try to get a photo of it up sometime later tomorrow.
"Information is not knowledge, Knowledge is not wisdom, Wisdom is not truth, Truth is not beauty, Beauty is not love, Love is not music: Music is THE BEST...   
Wisdom is the domain of the Wis (which is extinct). Beauty is a French phonetic corruption of a short cloth neck ornament currently in resurgence..."

Nick

• Administrator
  • Engineer
« Reply #4 on: July 25, 2019, 01:25:01 am »
Last run of this workshop, as I have added more tooling and need to make more room.

Please keep us updated on the renovations ;)
Nick

Stoker

• Global Moderator
« Reply #5 on: July 25, 2019, 03:43:56 pm »
Here are a few photos of the table saw I spoke of earlier, that seems to share some general "feel" to the Pericaud tools of this thread.

A wonderfully well built tool that has several actual adjustments that offer fair precision would it be made to actually work ... which it appears fully capable of doing. No markings of any kind have I found on this piece, so anyone sharing any info would be greatly appreciated.

Jim

• Administrator
  • Aussie Steamer always on the boil :)
« Reply #6 on: July 25, 2019, 06:41:24 pm »
Wow Benny.....wonderful workshop!

My YouTube Channel https://www.youtube.com/user/Blue123Heeler/videos

Belugawhaleman

• Crisis?...What crisis?
« Reply #7 on: July 28, 2019, 08:24:55 pm »
Enjoyed viewing. Very nice workshop and the Jensen #5 is on my wish list
Thanks.
PAUL
Civilization is the limitless multiplication of unnecessary necessities.

Dr.Rev.DelmarMacReady

« Reply #8 on: July 29, 2019, 08:55:08 am »
Enjoyed viewing. Very nice workshop and the Jensen #5 is on my wish list
Thanks.

Thank you, Paul. The No. 5 come up fairly often. You shouldn't have too long to wait
Bennydaheeb

SolingerStahl

• cast metal workshop models
    • Rainer Häusgen
« Reply #9 on: May 03, 2021, 02:32:30 pm »
Here are a few photos of the table saw I spoke of earlier, that seems to share some general "feel" to the Pericaud tools of this thread.

A wonderfully well built tool that has several actual adjustments that offer fair precision would it be made to actually work ... which it appears fully capable of doing. No markings of any kind have I found on this piece, so anyone sharing any info would be greatly appreciated.

Hi,
what you got is a rare Georges CARETTE (Nuremberg) cast iron Circular Saw #111/1 issued in the 1920s.
Accompanying models of that series are the Wood Grinder w/exhaust #616/1 and the Fret or Jig Saw #113/1.
Here they are all three..

Sharp Greetings from Solingen, Germany - Rainer

Stoker

• Global Moderator
« Reply #10 on: May 03, 2021, 06:11:13 pm »

Hi,
what you got is a rare Georges CARETTE (Nuremberg) cast iron Circular Saw #111/1 issued in the 1920s.
Accompanying models of that series are the Wood Grinder w/exhaust #616/1 and the Fret or Jig Saw #113/1.
Here they are all three..

Thank you soooooooo much for reaching out from this old thread, with that great info. I will certainly make note of it to keep with the saw .... THANK YOU!!!

SolingerStahl

• Rainer Häusgen
« Reply #11 on: May 03, 2021, 06:22:59 pm »

Thank you soooooooo much for reaching out from this old thread, with that great info. I will certainly make note of it to keep with the saw .... THANK YOU!!!

So I bet you will also like to see the CARETTE catalog pic of 1922 ... ;-)

[ Guests cannot view attachments ]

Stoker

• Global Moderator
« Reply #12 on: May 03, 2021, 08:30:01 pm »
You bet correctly, and with your permission I'd like to copy that image. I will mention that when clicking on the image, the info block says "Katalog 1912", so perhaps it is a bit earlier.

Any chance of getting a photo of that whole page of the catalog?

If not that's okay, and certainly thank you for sending along the photo of this Circular Saw listing!!!

SolingerStahl

• Rainer Häusgen
« Reply #13 on: May 04, 2021, 04:12:09 am »
If it this what makes you happy... your'e welcome!

What I showed you before is a pic from the english 1912 BASSET-LOWKE trading catalog.

Here now the page 55 of the german 1905 CARETTE catalog... not a good copy but usable...

[ Guests cannot view attachments ]

Woe is me

« Reply #14 on: May 04, 2021, 10:26:17 am »
Really nice workshop. Not too big and too cramped. Just right. The one worker you had in there standing
look like he was in a space suit. Reminded me of one when I was a kid, "Major Matt Mason". Thanks Benny.
Tommy

"Steam it, like you mean it."